We recently got back from Tucson Arizona. It was 122 degrees Fahrenheit there.
We’re back home in Florida. Temperatures are in the low to mid 90s.
Our air conditioner unit decided to call it quits in the studio. Temp inside on Saturday was a solid 89 degrees..
If you read the signs like I do, then you know that it is time for:
How Hot Is It Jokes!
Johnny Carson was the king of the set up and delivery. I watched him night after night. The jokes weren’t always funny but he was. It was a gift he had… to tell a joke that bombed and then turn it into more laughter than the joke itself was worth.
So in my best Johnny impression: “It was so hot…”
Audience: “How hot was it?”
- It’s so hot I saw a funeral procession pull through a Dairy Queen.
- It’s so hot cows are giving evaporated milk.
- It’s so hot, asphalt has a liquid state.
- It’s so hot I saw a bird pull a worm out of the ground with an oven mitt.
- It’s so hot the Statue of Liberty was asked to lower her arm.
- It’s so hot, I saw a chicken lay an omelette.
- It’s so hot they installed a fan in the debt ceiling.
- It’s so hot, I discovered my seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.
- It’s so hot people are breaking wind just to have a little breeze.
- It’s so hot, I started putting ice-cubes in my waterbed.
- It’s so hot, Optimus Prime transformed into an air conditioner.
- It’s so hot Siri asked to be dipped in a glass of ice water.
- It’s so hot bums are holding signs that read, “Will work for shade.”
- It’s so hot, Jehovah’s Witnesses started telemarketing.
- It’s so hot, I saw a dog chase a cat – they were both walking.
Good news is that the a/c is working again so come on by the studio with some of your memories. We’ll preserve them (and you) from the heat.
Michael Ondrasik and Home Video Studio specialize in the preservation of family memories through the digitalization of film, videotapes, audio recordings, photos, negatives, and slides. For more information, call 352-735-8550 or visit our website.