I was brainstorming with a client who wanted to develop an infomercial for his commercial door company and in discussing potential concepts we remembered an old TV series that featured a number of doors during its opening credits.
Who remembers this show:
Here are some facts about Get Smart:
- The main character was conceived as a cross between James Bond and Inspector Clousseau, two of the most popular movie characters of the 1960s.
- The series was co-created by comedy legends Mel Brooks and Buck Henry.
- The pilot episode featured a bumbling but effective secret agent, Maxwell Smart, played by Tom Poston. It was offered to ABC who allegedly dismissed it as being un-American.
- NBC picked it up with the stipulation that Maxwell Smart would be played by a star they had under contract, Don Adams.
- Max was Agent 86. His partner, played by Barbara Feldon was Agent 99 and was never given a real name.
- The series spawned a number of catch phrases and running gags, many of which came from Don Adams’ comedy sketches
- Would you believe…
- Missed it by that much…
- Sorry about that chief…
- …and loving it…. among others.
- Don Adams developed Max’s unique vocal delivery from the clipped stylings of William Powell in The Thin Man series of films.
Michael Ondrasik and Home Video Studio specialize in the preservation of family memories. For more information, call 352-735-8550 or visit http://www.homevideostudio.com/mtd.